Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Prayers of the Righteous...

accomplish much...

**UPDATE: the link to Caden's website should work now!**

Would you please take some time today to stop by Caden Ledbetter's website and lift up a prayer for him?

Here's a bit of his story...

On July 26, 2007, a week before Caden's 2nd birthday, our lives changed in a way we would never have imagined. A typical little boy "knot" on our Caden's head, that was discovered on July 5th, was suddenly being diagnosed as Eosineophilic Granuloma (AKA:a bone tumor.) This type of tumor can be benign or malignant and could only be confirmed by a series of test.

We had hoped that further testing would reveal a benign tumor that could be easily removed. We never expected to hear what we were told. Our little boy, not yet 2 yrs. old, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma*. Tumors were located in his left adrenal gland, abdomen, liver, lumbar spine, sternum, bone marrow, and 2 in his skull.

* * *

This hits especially close to home. Caden and his family attend our church. We will be having a blood drive on Caden's behalf on the 17th at our church. I can't help but imagine my almost two-year-old son, Reid, suffering in this way. Will you pray with me?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

lauren
when i click on the link, it says the page cannot be viewed?
do i need to sign up or have a password?
i am definitely praying.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I can't get to the site by the link. The session timed out or some such. Is there another way to get to it?

My heart just aches for these folks. Roger and I do volunteer work at Cook Children's hospital. We became very close to a little guy with the very same thing.

You can read my post about him
here.

I'm going to plan on donating blood on the 17th.

David said...

Lauren,
I had no idea this sweet family goes to our church. I am part of a prayer group called Moms Moving Mountains and we have been praying for him since they found out. How do I get in touch with them? Would you mind emailing me if you know?
Thanks Lauren.
Keri

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. I will pray.

tiffsblog said...

I will be prayin for Caden. I will let my kids know about him and have them pray as well. Thanks for sharing the prayer concern. God bless.